Sunday, September 13, 2009

Got knits?

Sometimes I feel like an old woman when I tell people that I like to knit. It's weird that something that was a part of history is slowly disappearing as younger generations find other activities to do and move away from handicrafts. And it is something that is so easy to do while watching tv!

As the fall weather approaches (well, maybe not in Florida, but certainly in the midwest and northeast), I am thinking about a project I have wanted to do for a while; knit a sweater. I am currently working on a bag, but I should finish it within a week or two, so I have been looking for a nice pattern. It is so hard to find a pattern for sweaters that look young! I'm not experienced enough to make my own patterns, but I wish I could because it is so hard to find something to knit that I would wear. And then I'll have to find a yarn that I like. I'm so lucky that there are 2 very nice yarn shops near me; Flying Needles in Bellaire Beach and Needles and Knobs in St. Petersburg. But the pattern is the first thing I need, and that will be a little difficult to find...

I am looking forward to customizing a sweater, though. As a tall person, I have a hard time finding sweaters that are long enough for me. Either they are too short in the bottom, exposing my mid-drift, or too short in the sleeves, or both. So I will be excited to make something that fits me.

If anyone has any insight in good patterns, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment